This qualification recognised by the Institute of Leadership & Management is aimed at individuals in team leader or supervisor roles, but is also suitable for aspiring managers. The course will cover a range of key managerial skills in order to enhance your capability and potential.
In order to achieve the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management you will need to complete two Level 3 units. Each unit will be assessed by an assignment that you will complete in your own time that will develop and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in that unique area. You can then add extra units to achieve the Certificate.
The course will consist of the following units:
Leading and motivating a team effectively
It is highly important for the organisation that managers understand and communicate the corporate plan right down to each work area. If as a manager you can get your team to perform better then you are earning your pay. Simply put your bosses job is about ensuring that everyone is singing off the same song sheet, and your job is to ensure that your department is singing louder than the others. In this workshop, you will develop your managerial skills by focusing on the following areas:
- How to communicate the organisations vision and strategy to the team and what they mean for first line leadership.
- How to motivate and develop the team.
Planning and allocating work
A good manager will take a 'Condor moment' (make a plan) before issuing direction to their team. There are many factors that the manager will need to consider to ensure that what they have decided will generate the best possible outcome. They will need to understand their team's skills and strengths and be able to communicate their plan effectively to the team. In this workshop, you will develop your managerial skills by focusing on the following areas:
- How to plan work effectively.
- How to allocate work to team members.
- How to improve performance of a team in delivering to a plan.
What will you get when you enrol?
- 1 Year Student Membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management.
- A Leaders in Training Study Guide to help you learn and develop.
- Access to a wide range of online material including management articles, development tasks and useful videos.
- Workbooks for each unit consisting a mixture of learning materials and activities.
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management are ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
We are now able to offer this Distance Learning course to candidates based outside the UK.
Benefits for individuals
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role.
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently.
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
Benefits for employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers.
- Better relationships and communication in teams.
- Proven skills – to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation.
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities.
Successful learners can progress onto the Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management or higher level qualifications.
Need more information?
ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management Distance Learning Course
- 12 months student membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management.
- ILM accredited course.
- Online learning material.
- Printed Unit workbooks.
- Study guide.
- Tutor support throughout the course.